Best Teething Toys for Puppies
Teething is a process which happens in dogs that grow rapidly and is an essential process where the dogs build strong sets of teeth to ensure they can chomp down and gnaw properly.
The teething process is usually a painful one, as most dogs as the pressure of growing teeth push right through the gums, igniting intense pain and inflammation which forces them to chew heavily. During the process, dogs will often satisfy their chewing needs by biting down on anything they see or find it appealing.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks:
Owners should be able to understand that chewing is in the nature of dogs and can’t be controlled or stopped. Without it, the build-up of pain would cause emotional distress or even cause the dog to be destructive.
Owners should understand the key to overcoming chewing is to manage the situation by providing them with the toys that can handle constant chewing. You need to realize that gnawing provides intellectual stimulation and a gratifying feeling of relief. Rather than scolding your pet for wanting to constantly chew, owners should redirect their puppies to the right toys.
- 1 Best Rated Teething Toys for Dogs Reviewed
- 2 KONG Puppy Dog Toy
- 3 KONG Puppy Goodie Bone
- 4 N-Bone Puppy Teething Ring Chicken Flavour Dog Treats
- 5 Nylabone Romp 'n Chomp Freezer Bone Treat Holder Dog Chew Toy
- 6 Nylabone Puppy Chew Teething Rings Dog Toy
- 7 Teething Period
- 8 Key Considerations for TOYS
- 9 Final Thoughts
Best Rated Teething Toys for Dogs Reviewed
When a dog is teething, you need to make sure it gets the right toy. Be wary of how tough the toy is, since something that is too hard may not gratify your dog’s itch. Furthermore, since their teeth are very sensitive during this period, it needs to have a toy that won’t hurt them. Therefore, make sure to look at some of the items we mention below.
Depending on the size and breed, puppies lose their milk teeth between 3 and 8 months old. During this 4 to 5 month period, the urge to chew is very normal. They simply have to in order to alleviate their pain. Much like a human baby finds relief with chew toys while teething, so must a puppy. To help them through this process, it is important to buy them the right teething toy so they can express this itch out on the item, rather than your new shoes.
Key Considerations for TOYS
When you think of buying a toy for your dog, these are the basic things you should consider when purchasing one.
- How safe is the toy – This is the most important aspect to consider when purchasing any toy or food. Make sure that the toy is safe for your pet’s teeth and overall health. This means checking its quality and material.
- How durable is the toy – If your dog is on the bigger size, be careful not to get the same toy a smaller pup might be content with. At the same time, size does not really determine the toughness of their bite. Make sure the toy is durable and lasts long.
- How enjoyable is the toy – Any toy that makes the dog get bored easily means that it will not be worth buying. You want to get a toy that lasts for a long time, but also is very enjoyable. That is what a toy should be at the end of the day.
- Is it right for teething – Since this article is on toys for teething, it is important for owners to consider toys that might applicable for this condition.
In conclusion, owners should understand that as a responsible pet owner their goal is to provide their pet dog with the best teething toy during this transition period. As the teeth are one of the most important parts of the dog, it is important to give the right toy. Without their teeth, dogs will have to go through an unpleasant life. Owners should also make sure to consider toys that help to maintain dental care by removing tartar or fix unpleasant mouth odors. Furthermore, the toy should make sure that the dog stays away from chewing household items, furniture, and shoes. This means it should be quite entertaining.