Top 15 Most Popular Gun Names for Dogs
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
Guns may be dangerous, but they can also be quite exciting for some people. The pull of the trigger can create an exhilarating rush of adrenaline that is not easily explained.
Whatever reason it is, the names we provide below are some of the more popular gun-inspired names for dogs you can be inspired by.
- Winchester – This is named after the rifle Winchester Model 94. It is ranked as one of the best guns out there. The gun itself is short and light, without much of a kick. With that in mind, dog owners should make sure to give this name to a dog that fits a similar characteristic.
- Smith – This is a simple name that is from the Smith & Wesson Model 29 pistol. Although small, the S&W Model 29 is a .44 Magnum. It was famously used in the popular 1970 film Dirty Harry. The gun is considered to be quite beautiful yet deadly. The gun is also very accurate in its fire. Therefore, this name could be great one for any dog that is small and yappy.
- Remington – This is a beautiful name for a dog that is long and elegant, much like the Remington Model 1100. The gun itself operates on gas and sometimes, jams if it is not cleaned frequently. Regardless, people still consider it to be one of the best guns out there. This may be perfect for those gassy pooches that tend to fart a lot.
- Benelli – This is a great name for a dog since it is short, simple, and easy to remember. It is named after the Benelli Autoloader gun. Many hunters have noted that this is a great gun for its performance and handling. Not only is the gun fast, but the function is just as good. Thus, this is ideal for any dog that is agile and affectionate.
- Browning – From the gun Browning Superposed, this would be a befitting name for any dog that is coated brown. Furthermore, just like the gun, this could be a suitable moniker for a Belgium-based dog, as the gun itself was made in the country. It is considered to be quite beautiful and excellent. Consequently, the name could be a perfect way to describe your beloved pet.
- Springfield – This name might remind people of the town in the hit TV series, The Simpsons. It is also the name of a beautiful gun that was often issued in the World War I. There is something so special about this rifle that President Theodore Roosevelt was given one of the first Springfields ever made.
- Mossberg – Named after the Mossberg 500, this makes a great hunting gun because it is affordable and effective. There have been many people that have claimed this to be one of the better guns out there, and the US Military being one of them. For this reason, this might make a great fit for any dog that is well known for its moss-like fur or simply, a favorite amongst many owners.
- Savage – Just like the name suggests, it is a savagely put together cheap-bolt action rifle with inexpensive parts. Although it has an ugly look, it is very accurate. Also, Savage makes a great name for a hunting dog.
- Ruger – Named after its maker William B Ruger, this is a simple little gun that is accurate. It also has a rugged look. The name befits a small dog that, despite its size, can be very powerful and dangerous.
- Parker – This is among the finest American shotguns in existence. People used to use black gun powder, but transitioned it to a smokeless powder, making it a distinct gun that many hunters love. The name Parker makes a good moniker for a dog that adapts quickly to situations.
- Marlin – This is a short and light rifle that people consider to be very accurate, with a scope for better aim. It makes for a great name to give to any police or military dog that has sharp instincts.
- Perazzi – The Perazzi is undoubtedly a great shotgun that is used mostly in competitions. It is highly durable, accurate and expensive. Any dog owning this name has to be from a royal breed or of high class, since the gun represents the cream of the crop.
- Ithaca – A very simple and strong single-barrel trap shotgun, this gun is mostly used in America for trapshooting. It is a good name to give a dog that is great at hunting.
- Thompson – This name is from the T/C Contender, which is a simple single-shot, single-barrel gun that has interchangeable barrels. This fist well with any dog that can only focus on one thing. So, in this case, most dogs would fit.
- Knight – Named after its maker, Tony Smith, this gun is said to be very reliable and accurate. The gun is rumoured to have started the Greta Black powder revolution. It makes a perfect moniker for a dog with a tough spirit.
While at first, it might sound weird to name your dog after a gun. However, if you are a gun or hunter fanatic, it is suitable. A lot of the names above are from actual guns. Therefore, if you have love and passion for the sport of hunting, or for the world of guns, choose from the list above would be the best way to show that.