Best Dog Harness for Springer Spaniels
The Springer Spaniel is one of America’s favorite breeds and adapts well to any household setting. Springer Spaniels are also extremely affectionate and are happiest when they are getting attention from their owners. This means he would like to accompany you wherever you go.
The Springer Spaniel is an athletic dog with high levels of energy. Daily walks are a must to keep this breed happy and healthy. With that in mind, a harness is best to keep this energetic dog safe.
With so many types of harnesses on the market, with different purposes, how do you find the right one for your dog? Here is a breakdown of the basic types of harnesses and what they are best for.
Quick Links: Our Picks for The 5 Best Dog Harness for Springer Spaniels
- Best for Safety- Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness
- Best for Durability – Chai’s Choice 3M Reflective Dog Harness
- Best for Large Dogs – HDP Big Dog Harness
- Best Reflective – Blueberry Pet 3M Reflective Dog Harness
- Best Lightweight – Frisco Padded Front Lead Dog Harness
How We Tested Them:
- We purchased 5 of the best dog harnesses for Springer Spaniels
- We spent a few hours testing these harnesses on our dogs
- These products were purchased with our own money, not in exchange for a favorable review
- Safety – A crash-tested harness, that restrains your dog in the car in case of a sudden stop or impact, is the safest kind. Some attach easily to your car’s seat belt system, and are also a walking harness.
- Durability –There are many durable materials used in the construction of a dog harnesses, but rip-stop nylon, canvas and denim are some of the more durable.
- Material – Harnesses are made from leather, plastic, nylon, and other types of fabric. If your dog tends to get wet while on walks, consider something that dries quick. If your dog chews then you will need a sturdy harness.
- Adjustments- A harness should have many points of adjustment, in order to fit dogs of all shapes and sizes. A harness with at least 4 adjustment points is ideal to find your dogs perfect fit.
- Comfort – Harnesses should be made from comfortable materials to prevent chaffing. Soft mesh and plush fabrics can help provide adequate comfort around nylon, if well designed.
- Cost – A good harness is a small investment. There are many quality harnesses at reasonable prices depending on your needs.
- Style – There are many harness styles and the best choice will depend on your dog’s personality and size. Some styles are no-pull, standard, step through, dual strap, etc.
- Visibility – If you walk your dog in low light conditions or hike wooded areas, you may want a high-visibility harness. Some include reflective material or tiny LED lights to make sure your dog can be seen.
- LED – A LED dog harness is usually constructed from lightweight materials, and comes with a variety of useful features, such as adjustable light modes, reflective strips, and rechargeable batteries for hours of use.
- Back Clip – Back-clip harnesses attach on top of a dog’s back or shoulders. These are best for smaller, calm or well trained dogs.
- Front Clip – Front-clip harnesses have a leash attachment on the chest. This gives the owner more control and stops the dog from pulling. These are best for larger dogs or dogs that pull.
- Multi Clip– Some harnesses come with attachments on both front and back. This gives the option to use it as a front or back clip when walking your dog.
- Reflective – A reflective harness is a necessity if you walk your dog at night or in low light situations. This keeps your dog from harm and makes him easier to be seen.
- No Pull- No-pull harnesses are a simple way to discourage your dog from pulling. They usually have a front clip attachment and some have front and top for dual control. There are usually straps that cross above the dogs shoulders and behind the front legs.
- Step Through – A step-through harness means your dog puts his front legs between two loops to get into the harness. Once the dogs legs are in position, a single buckle attaches behind your dogs front legs.
Product Reviews: The 5 Best Dog Harness for Springer Spaniels
Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness
Best For Safety
Chai's Choice 3M Reflective Dog Harness
Best for Durability
HDP Big Dog Harness
Best for Large Dogs
Blueberry Pet 3M Reflective Dog Harness
Frisco Padded Front Lead Dog Harness
The Springer Spaniel is a naturally happy and energetic dog with a lot strength and desire to walk. Because of their nature to pull, they do best with a no-pull harness until trained otherwise. Keeping your Springer Spaniel active will guarantee a healthy happy dog who will not suffer from boredom. So make walking your Springer Spaniel easy by trying one of the harnesses mentioned above.