The 5 Best Dog Whitening Shampoos
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
It is of no doubt that white dogs have that regal look about them which no dog has.
But looking after and maintaining the beautiful flair of you’re a white dog is not easy.
Just as how everything that is white tends to fade over time, this is no different from your pup.
There are a number of ways you can clean your dog when it is dirty but bear in mind that cleaning a white dog is not enough.
To bring back a magnificent shine to your pup’s coat, extra care is always needed.
For this reason, there are special whitening shampoos made to maintain the color of your dog’s coat.
Quick Look at Our Top Five Picks:
Best Rated Shampoos for White Dogs Reviewed
Choosing the best whitening shampoo for your dog can get tricky given that different products claim to be the best and it is hard to tell which products are actually effective and safe.
To help with this selection process, we have suggested some of the best shampoo for white dogs down below.
This is a balanced and safe all-around whitening shampoo.
Designed to enhance white and light-colored coats while adding texture and body, it provides a nice shiny finish that sparkles without looking unnatural. The shampoo is also great for matting control, as it makes the hair more manageable and easier to untangle without damage.
This product is a great option for managing your dog’s white fur. Its easy-rinse formula is light but effective, capable of providing a deep cleanse without damaging the dog’s coat. It contains whiteners that give the hair a glistening shine. Soft enough to be used regularly, the White Pearl Shampoo is a helpful option for owners who are looking to enhance and maintain a healthy, beautiful white coat.
The shampoo works wonders in eliminating yellow stains. With a formula that contains no bleaching agents, harsh chemicals or softening agents, this product manages to restore whiteness. This product has a special combination of ingredients that turn the shampoo into an out-and-out treatment that not only eliminates stains but also enhances the color.
This shampoo is a tearless, protein enriched product that brightens any light-colored coats. It cleans thoroughly while adding luster and body without harsh bleaching. The shampoo is formulated with a tropical scent and controls matting, tangling, and flyaway hair.
This product has optical brighteners resulting in brilliant white and improved markings. It also works wonderfully on all colored pets. Heat activated enzyme helps to remove saliva, tear, and stains.
Differences in Whitening Shampoo
There is no doubt that there are quite a lot of products out in the market.
For this reason, it is important to know the differences in all the varying shampoos. Being more aware will also help you make better decisions in selecting a truly great product.
- Bluing Shampoo – These are milder versions of whitening shampoos and are generally safe to use.
- Bleaching Shampoo– If you choose to use this, use fewer amounts and less frequently. Additionally, don’t use these shampoos on dogs with sensitive or irritated skins. Instead go for a hypoallergenic shampoo for dogs with for sensitive skin
- Dye-Based Shampoo– This one contains coloring and dyes. It has aversive chemicals, so it is not usually recommended.
Tips & Tricks for Whitening and Overall Health
There are other more do-it-yourself methods in whitening your pet’s coat.
While it is important to note that you should always take caution before using any of the items below, some of these methods could help in brightening the shine.
- Use baking soda – Applying baking soda directly on the coat or making a spray out of it works wonders on removing stains on your dog’s fur.
- Good quality conditioner – Most shampoos dry your pet’s coat. Using a good quality conditioner with the shampoo will help enhance its look.
- Vitamin Oil – Applying vitamin oil can help moisturize your companion’s dry skin.
- Coconut Oil – Applying coconut oil helps to decrease yeast production.
- Apple cider vinegar – Applying this can help fight some of the rashes and itch caused by yeast infections.
Every dog owner that has a white dog knows how hard it is to maintain their dog’s bright look.
Just like a white shirt, any daily activity can get your white pooch dirty in no time.
Having good quality whitening shampoo is surely a blessing for all the white dog owners out there.
However, it is also important to keep in mind that certain shampoos have harsh and aversive chemicals that may affect your dog’s health, which is why it is important to check with your vet before using.