The 5 Best Harnesses for Large Dogs
Exercise is one of the key requirements for raising any pup. Especially when it comes to big dogs, it is important that your pup receives regular outings so that their muscles can remain intact, while also smelling the fresh air of the world.
Keep in mind that walking a larger sized dog may not always be so simple. That’s why it’s important to know which dog harnesses you should buy in order for both you and your dog can feel safe and comfortable.
Before you choose the best harness for your large pup, all aspects in terms of the pros and cons must be taken into consideration. There are qualities that need to be looked at prior to purchasing a harness for your dog.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks:
- Best Overall: DT Dog Harness
- Best Affordable: Expawlorer Soft Reflective Harness
- Best No-Pull Harness: Kurgo Tru-Fit Harness with Seatbelt Tether
- Best For Medium-Large Dogs: Blueberry Pet Padded Dog Harness
- Best For Large toy Breeds: Buddy Belt Leather Dog Harness
What to Look For When Choosing a Dog Harness for Large Dogs
It would be ignorant to think that simply purchasing any harness would be sufficient enough to do the job.
There is a multitude of harnesses for different dog sizes, with some being more heavy-set than others.
Whatever the case, it is important to consider some of the following factors when choosing the right harness.
- Safety- Beyond everything else, having a harness that is safe is most important. It would be foolish to own a harness that would break easily and end up leaving your dog running off without control. As for attractiveness, they have to be colorful to eyes first and foremost. Not only that, it’s important for a harness to have features like reflective trims – this allows your dog to be visible in the dark.
- Durability-A superiority of the harness can be determined in terms of durability, comfort level and attractiveness. When comes to the factor of durability, the harness should able to last long and withstand all aggressive actions by the dog like pulling.
- Materials- Some materials tend to be soft and permits airflow, while others can easily get very uncomfortable along the skin if rubbed against frequently. If you want to give your dog the most comfort, you need to be wary of what kind of material it is made of.
- Comfort-When talking about the comfort level, the harness must be able to offer the best comfort. This is an important factor that should be considered as this can make your dog moody and unhappy.
Best Rated Harnesses for Large Dogs Reviewed
For dogs that have neck problems or are of a bigger size, leashes alone are never enough to do the job.
Much like any other product for dogs, we understand that choosing the right product could be a tiring and daunting task as there are thousands of items out there.
Therefore, to help with this process, we have provided a list of suggestions for the best harness for large dogs.
Harnesses are evenly important for dogs as clothes are for humans. Just as you may not want to wear something that makes you feel comfortable or restricted, dogs are exactly the same. For large dogs, it might be harder to find something that fits well, which is why we have provided the list above.