Best Dog Toys for Bernese Mountain Dogs
The Bernese Mountain dog is one of the breeds that originated from the Swiss Mountain Alps, originally bred to work on the freezing mountains, often employed to rescue people.
Quick look: Top 5 Best Rated Dog Toys for Bernese Mountain Dogs
- 1 A Bit About the Bernese Mountain Dog
- 2 Why Bernese Mountain Dogs Need Interactive Play Time
- 3 What To Consider WHEN BUYING A TOY
- 4 Best Dog Toys for Bernese Mountain dog
- 5 Pet Qwerks Flavorit -Breath/Mint Flavoured
- 6 Buck Bone Organics Whole Elk Antler Dog Chews
- 7 Goughnuts - TuG Interactive Large Dog Toy
- 8 PetSafe Large Sportsmen Squeak 'N' Treat Troog Pet Chew Toy
- 9 Puppy Chew Teething Rope Toys Set Mini Dental Pack
- 10 Final Thoughts
- 11 Sources
A Bit About the Bernese Mountain Dog
The Bernese Mountain Dog weighs up to 120 pounds and reaches heights of 55 kg.
These heavy-set hounds are from the Swiss Alps, mainly kept as farm dogs to pull carts and draft animals.
They are distinctly known for being rather docile and self-assured.
Due to their background, they are naturally outdoor dogs and love to be active, so it is important that you provide it regular exercise.
They have a tri-colored, double coat, which makes them great for enduring cold weathers.
Since these dogs are often active when inside, they can get bored quite easily which is why they always need to be given something to do.
Compared to other breeds, they may need to be paid extra attention to in order to help stimulate their minds.
On top of that, owning them might be a bit difficult for new dog parents since they are a bit difficult to be controlled, as the dogs are naturally distinctive, muscular and energetic.
Why Bernese Mountain Dogs Need Interactive Play Time
There are plenty of reasons why you need to implement dog toys into a dog’s daily life.
- They provide much-needed exercise – Depending on a dog’s age, size and health, they should get anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours of exercise each day. For the Bernese dog, since they are on the heavier side, they require regular exercise. Of course, if you are busy, this might be hard. But, with an interactive toy, you can do this. Toys can help them become active, therefore healthy.
- They alleviate boredom – When you have to leave your house for a long period of time, an interactive toy keep your Bernese dog entertained. These dogs are curious creatures so they require stimulation. Although they do enjoy the occasional nap, these dogs aren’t meant to leave alone. Thus, these toys will help your dog play for hours.
- They help prevent anxiety – Interactive toys come as the perfect solution for helping separation anxiety. Toys help to keep your dog occupied. It helps dogs battle loneliness.
What To Consider WHEN BUYING A TOY
When going out into the market to choose an indestructible toy (especially if you have a Bernese dog), it is important to consider some of the following factors:
- Safety – You must make sure that whatever the toy may be, it is safe for your puppy to chew down on. The Bernese dog has a tough bite, so make sure that whatever toy you get is safe to chew on. This means checking if the material it is made of is dog-friendly. Furthermore, there should be no protruding spikes.
- Durability – No doubt that one of the most important characteristics is durability, as this indicates how long it can last. You should find an is indestructible dog toy that can withstand the enormous pressure of a dog’s bite.
- Materials – This factor relates to safety, but you need to ensure the material is healthy to ingest. In the off chance your Bernese breaks the toy apart and consumes part of the toy, is the material safe? They should be non-toxic.
Best Dog Toys for Bernese Mountain dog
There are so many toys to choose from.
Whether it’s a mentally stimulating dog puzzle or a simple throw-and-fetch dog ball that helps to maintain your pup’s physical well-being, finding the right toy is no easy task.
Much like food or any other dog accessory, toys require some attention. So, we provide some information down below on note-worthy items.
In the end, it may be quite difficult for owners to figure out the best dog toy for a Bernese Mountain dog.
They need to find something durable. But, it should also be stimulating enough where they will not bore easily.
If it is too small, the Bernese Mountain dog may end up swallowing pieces dangerous to its health. However, if it is too big, it may not want to play with it.
There are definitely a lot of ideas that may work, but some of the suggestions we mention above are items we think are worth looking into.
Therefore, take some time to plan out what you will get your pet before actually purchasing it.